Saturday, October 25, 2014

Explore » home» » » » » » » How To Deactivate Facebook Code Generator

How To Deactivate Facebook Code Generator

In the previous post, I have explained about how to increase Facebook security. Facebook code generator is very helpful to secure your account. Its just like Step-2 verification which is provided by Gmail. But in case if your phone has been stolen or else you have changed your phone number, then from where you will get the security code to log into your account? In such a critical situation, you may want to disable Facebook code generator to feel free.

Just follow the simple steps to cancel the Facebook code generator. 



Disable Facebook Code Generator via PC

  • Log into your Facebook account.
  • Go to Settings > Security > Code Generator.
  • Then click on Edit > Disable Code Generator.
                 

  • Then just tap on Remove Code Generator.


Now, check whether you have successfully bypassed the Facebook security log in approval. If its not seems to be working, it is surely a major bug. But again feel free, as there is no need to worry at all. Because there is another step you should do to deactivate the FB code generator.


Remove Your Phone Number From Facebook


  • Go to Settings > Mobile.


  • Then click on Remove to completely remove your phone number from Facebook account.
  • Now, all you have done! 
Once again if you try to log in to your Facebook account, it wont ask you to enter security log in code. 

Add a new phone number suppose if you want to secure your Facebook account.

To Sum Up

For me too, when I disabled the code generator, I thought that finally I have deactivated the security feature but it went in vain. It again and again asked me to enter the security code. After that I have removed the phone number from Facebook to get rid of this bug.

36 comments:

  1. How do you log into Facebook and go-to settings security code generator when you being prevented fro getting on your Facebook by the code generator in the first place? I can't change anything because I can't get into it because if the code generator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how cai open again my facebook i dont have a code i cant change because i cant log in in my account ?

      Delete
    2. My facebook Account login code

      Delete
  2. I am having the same problem-if you can't log in how can you do any of these things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having the same problem of you cant login how can you do fb setting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having the same problem. It is asking me to enter a generator code.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please help me to off my code generator

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I can not get on because of code generator. Anyone find anything email me at iyogaman@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you pls turn off my code generator i cant log in because of the code

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cant log in my account asking code generator where i do not have acces to my phone number

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to know how I can deactivate code generator via bhone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same problem. I kept on sending email to Facebook and no response.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So does anyone get any feed back on this issue or is the "Facebook team" customer service just non existent. What a joke

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to turn off my code generator but it doesn't allow me to. There isn't even an option to disable it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How to log in my facebook account without using code generator. I cannot log in my facebook without that code.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I not accept my code on my Facebook account..i need remove code gmail

    ReplyDelete
  15. same problem.. get rid of this code generator what the hell too confusing

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't login without generator code and I can't open my app to find it.... so confusing Facebook now. I emailed them so many times with my ID but no response 😕

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can not log in to my account to get rid of the code generator because it won't let me log in. I have tried everything and I can't get any help so please help me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Plsss I can not og in to my account because generator code

    ReplyDelete
  19. Same problem. This is ridiculous. And my attempts to upload my ID, to recover my account, have been in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Same problem can somebody help

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have to click on the other options below where it's asking for the code, and it will take you to a form. Fill out the form, take a picture of your ID (Drivers license, passport) and send it to Facebook. Two days later they will email you with a link and you can get into your account. Then you'll want to disable code generator. I haven't attempted that yet. I'm just happy to be back in my account! Best wishes to all who are as frustrated as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ive tried but they are not accepting the id that ive sent them

    ReplyDelete
  23. Same problem here. I've tried everything. I'm ready to give up. This is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would like to get rid of this code generator it won’t let me I need help

    ReplyDelete
  25. I not accept my code on my Facebook account..i need remove code gmail

    ReplyDelete
  26. I sent them my id and everything to regain access to my Facebook account but I would like to get rid of the code generator that’s preventing me to get on my Facebook account I need help

    ReplyDelete
  27. Same issue, I hope facebook fixes this issue. I have been trying to get to my account but code generator prevents it.. already sent ids and everything but still waiting no email from facebook.

    ReplyDelete